Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Average hours worked per week 45+
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Exempt: Salary Plus Incentive Plan Opportunity
About this Opportunity:
The Controller is a leadership team position reporting to the President/CEO which will focus on ensuring accurate and relevant financial information and accomplishing our business plan (V/TO) with operational excellence. This position will collaborate with the CEO, leadership team, and management to operate the Finance function at POPP Communications. This position will have 5 direct reports.
- Hands on Financial Management of all aspects of the Finance functions of the organization including financial reporting, key indicators, product margin analysis, contract margin analysis, budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Identify and recommend areas of revenue maximization, cost reduction and operational efficiency.
- Maximize cash management and reporting; communication with bank as primary contact for banking relationship.
- Lead the annual business and benefits insurance renewal process and communicate changes companywide.
- Coordinate annual tax returns, financial statement review and ERISA audit with external CPA firm.
- Develop detailed budgets for use in business plan (V/TO) and maintain forecasts throughout the year.
- As 401(k) Committee Chairperson, ensure compliance, monitor investment fund performance and minimize 401(k) plan costs.
- Oversee all aspects of the Accounting functions of the organization including invoicing, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, payroll, benefits and network cost auditing.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, HR laws and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with the Minnesota PUC, FCC, USAC and other government authorities.
- Negotiate and recommend contracts/renewals with suppliers.
- Understand and scrutinize all network costs elements.
Leadership, Management, & Accountability (LMA – the Popp way) Responsibilities:
- Coach employees to be Productive, Optimistic, Productive People with good attitudes, habits, behavior and judgment.
- Lead, manage and coach employees while holding them accountable.
- Utilize the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) to conduct Level 10 meetings, establish meaningful and relevant scorecards, set rocks/goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, timely (SMART) and drive the company toward the goals outlined on the Vision Traction Organizer.
- Utilize EOS to ensure RPRS (Right Person Right Seat) and up-to-date Finance Accountability Chart.
- Retain accurate Position, Roles, and Responsibilities (PRR) for each Finance team member.
- Design, build, maintain, and hold team members accountable to completing the process, steps, and procedures (PSP).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- 4+ years of LMA (Leadership, Management,& Accountability) experience overseeing direct reports required
- 6+ years of Controller or related experience required
- Knowledge and experience of EOS preferred
- Experience building and improving processes, steps and procedures
- Technology, Telecom and/or ISP industry experience a plus
- Experience with Great Plains, GoldMine and Tigerpaw a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capable of parallel and serial thinking and problem solving. Able to Predict and Explain Action, Cause, and Effect.
- Comfortable working within established process, steps, and procedures
- Strong attention to detail, willing to roll up sleeves and investigate financial information and variances
- Communication Technology Passion
- Comfortable questioning information and providing suggestions/alternatives
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills, goals driven
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to adjust communication of complex technical information; technical professionals to client friendly language
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Applications, and general computer know-how
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and through knowledge of Outlook including Tasks, Notes, Calendar and Email
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) w/ Match
- Life Insurance/STD/LTD
- VTO (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- Flexible Summer Hours
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Discounts (Phone & Internet)
- Length of Service Award
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com